Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My first post

This is my first time writing a blog of any kind. I dabble in writing from time to time, but I have never written anything on a blog before. As a matter of fact, I was not too aware of food blogs. It started with a phone call from one of my friends, D. D was very excited that she had found a recipe that recreated the Mumbai street pav bhaji very close. It was on a blog 'One Hot Stove'. Before that, I pretty much always looked up Sanjeev Kapoor or Tarla Dalal recipes online. after that, I started reading recipes from food blogs. The recipes came with stories that were fun to read and easy to relate to. It was very encouraging to see regular people making food that turned out very celebrity-chef-like.

I started following blog events on different blog sites. Last month I came across Blog Bites # 3 on Nupur's 'One Hot Stove'. I felt like participating, and one of the prerequisites was that I had to have a food blog. The prospect of writing a blog is daunting, and a food blog... I think I cook just about average. But I want to be a part of this world too, so these are my first baby steps into the world of food blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment